Mysteries of the Anagrammatic Word 'Methaine'

Toucans are primarily frugivorous but are opportunistically omnivorous.

In Central and South America, the Toucan is associated with evil spirits, and can be the incarnation of a demon. But the Toucan can also be a tribal totem and the medicine man can use it as an incarnation to fly to the spirit world.




Sunday, July 11, 2010 10:18 PM
Metropolitan Diaries
DEAR DIARY:
Scene: Bagel store in Whitestone, Queens. TV tuned to the World Cup matches on a Spanish-language channel.
Behind the counter: Young Asian man and woman. The woman’s eyes were glued to the TV, her right hand against her heart, as she sang along with the national anthem being played before the morning’s match.
Respectfully waiting till the end of the anthem, I asked which country she was rooting for, and she answered, “South Korea.” They were about to play Uruguay, so I wished her good luck, all the while wondering why they had the Spanish TV station on.
Another customer began discussing some of the finer points of the game with the Asian gentleman, who, in Korean-accented English, mentioned that he preferred the sportscast on the Spanish channel to the American sportscasts because it provided better information and commentary.
I had to ask at that point how he could understand it, given that he was Korean and the broadcast was in Spanish.
His answer? “Oh me? I’m from Argentina!”
At that point, I could only say, “Buena suerte!”
Irene Bernstein




I didn't know Argentinians spoke Spanish. But that's really awesome. A korean who speaks spanish and english. That'll be a few of my friends in a couple of years :D


 
Dear Diary:
It was a very rainy day, and the Museum of Modern Art was crowded with people waiting out the storm. I’d just finished lunch in the cafe and was descending via the escalator. As I stepped off onto the hardwood floor, the left heel of my boot hit a damp spot and slid forward. Laden with an oversize pocketbook and gift shop purchases, I lost my balance and fell full-length, right in front of a tour group.
A casually dressed man in his mid-20s rushed up and helped me to my feet.
“O.K.?” he asked, and then: “But you’re embarrassed, aren’t you? Here, I’ll fall down, too!” Which he proceeded to do, winking and faking a tumble that closely resembled my very genuine one.
The group’s attention was diverted, and while my knight in shining armor scrambled to his feet, I was able to retreat unnoticed into a nearby gallery.
That young man wasn’t just gallant; he was quick-thinking and creative.
Jeanne Stanton



And this guy's awesome. If I was ever a girl who wanted a guy, I would want that to happen to me. It's okay. I'll let my minions do a role play eheh